Thursday, November 10, 2011

Star Wars Things Are Hard To Get Rid Of #2

A snap bracelet.  And not just a snap bracelet but a Darth Maul snap bracelet.

I'm not sure where along the line I acquired this gem, but I sure as hell know why I kept it.  It no longer snaps and is awkwardly small, so I think the time has come to send this guy on to the big toy box in the sky.

I know for a long time when the prequels were out, Star Wars paraphernalia was getting handed out left and right from fast food chains.  If there's anything I love as much as I love Star Wars, it's fast food.  I might just be a fourteen year old boy.

I had this bracelet in one hand and two projector slides with scenes from the original trilogy in the other hand and told myself I had to make a decision because there isn't room in the grown up life I'm building for both.  I think the decision is clear.  Darth Maul isn't as cool as Lando Calrissian, and even though I don't own a slide projector, having slides from your favorite movie is a lot more acceptable when you're a grown up than having a snap bracelet from your favorite movie is.

May the force be with you at the dump, Darth Maul.  Even though you pissed all over it when you became a Sith. 

No comments:

Post a Comment