Tuesday, November 15, 2011

In The Back Of A Volkswagon?

My first car was a 1995 Volkswagon Jetta.  It was green.  It was a 5 speed.  It had manual everything and a clock on the dashboard that only the driver could see and I would always have to tell the time to the passenger and this particularly bothered my sister.  I bought it on my seventeenth birthday and sold it the day I moved to North Carolina when I was twenty-three for six hundred dollars to a kid in mechanic school.

I loved that car.  It was always a challenge to get it inspected or to find parts for it.  It was shockingly heavy for it's size and it kicked ass in the winter.

What does this have to do with the above photo you ask?

This is the remote control to the radio in that car. 

Now.  I don't know how many of you have been inside of a Volkswagon, but I think Mall Rats had it right that it is an uncomfortably small place to be or to do anything.  Also, I had very, very few friends who couldn't reach the dashboard from the back seat.  I have no idea why a car that small required a remote for the stereo.  It was a brand new stereo that the dealership installed for me and maybe they were trying to impress a young teen (they probably saw the strap on my messenger bag and knew I listened to loud music after all), but this right here is excessive.

And speaking of excessive, I STILL HAVE IT!  Jeeze Louise.  Goodbye silly VW remote.  You will forever be able to change the volume on my pop punk CDs from the back seat.

No comments:

Post a Comment