Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Bud Light Beads

This charming string of Bud Light Mardi Gras beads is broken.  Even if I wanted to wear it as a necklace, I can't.  Maybe that's a good thing since I know I would be tempted.

These were a party favor on New Years Eve in Orlando Florida.  Denise, EB, Jess and myself went to Florida for New Years one year and it was a really strange trip but also a total blast.  It was a last hurrah girls weekend before we parted ways and started our lives all over the place and tried to grow out of college a little.  And we wanted to go to Sonic.

We were in a wonderfully tacky white trash karaoke bar and we were drinking a lot.  The majority of the crowd was over forty and the DJ was all over the four of us since we were remotely in his age bracket.  We were showered in free party favors like this string of quality beads.  We had crowns and noise makers and whatever we wanted.  I remember getting up to sing karaoke and remembering that I loved it.  It was the beginning of an era at the mic that I think is still in full swing, I just don't practice much anymore.  Maybe as I put these beads in the trash, I will avenge their death by going to karaoke bars more often.

Goodbye, Bud Light beads.  We had a lot of fun together.

No comments:

Post a Comment