Tuesday, November 15, 2011

My Old Burton Jacket...Tag

The tag from my old snowboarding jacket is very valuable and important.  I'm not sure why I kept the tag since I still have the actual Jacket.

It really is and was a kickass snowboarding jacket.  It's simple, it's not tight and cut for ridiculously skinny girls, but it's not an oversized boy jacket either.  It has pockets in all the right places and I wore that thing into the ground.  Its biggest downfall is that it doesn't have a hood.  It was from the first few generations of Burton jackets that started putting the thumbhole sleeves so you don't get wet and chilly wrists.  And it's old enough that the pocket that is clearly designed for ipods in snowboarding jackets now is very clearly designed for a Discman (depicted on the tag I kept).

That jacket went to Iceland and back with my sister and was worn snowboarding all over New England.  It's lost most of its gusto and most of it's waterproofing but I have it around just in case.  I'm sure that will see Goodwill after the winter when I move to a land of no winter, but I'll start today with the tag.

No comments:

Post a Comment