Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Runnin' With The Devil!

Okay fine, I smoked cigarettes for a really long time.  I have quit (again) and after some horror stories from the dentist recently, I think this time is for keeps.  Hurray!

Part of me wants to keep this lighter anyway because of how simply awesome it is.  But the best part about it is that when I purchased it, it had a weird puffy smiley face sticker on it that I thought was the fun part.  It hails from the famous 711 with the Citgo station on Rt 116 in Sunderland right across the street from Plum Tree Road which intersected with the famed Silver Lane of my college years.

I smoked countless cigarettes and drank countless beers on that porch.  I remember picking at the smiley on the front and realizing it was a sticker.  I picked and picked and what was underneath?  An amazing motorcycle graphic and "Runnin' with the Devil!"

Exclamation Point!

I thought and still think that this is positively delightful and it hurts me to get rid of this hilarious surprise.  I have many other novelty lighters and no more cigarettes to light, so this will be the first to go.  Goodbye wonderful treat.  Goodbye terrible habit.

No comments:

Post a Comment