Thursday, November 10, 2011

Lost Ambition

When Ski Market closed, I looted the place clean (with permission).  I left no box of Band Aids behind.  I took every pen, pencil and roll of scotch tape.  I grabbed Rubbermaid bins full or file folders and wrenches and clip boards and coffee filters and ice cube trays and screw drivers.  Toilet paper and paper towels.  Bottle openers and coozies with various brands of kayaks and skis left behind for years by reps.  Show laces long forgotten in back stock.  Promotional sport water bottles with the Ski Market logo on them that were about to become obsolete.  All of that stuff costs money and all of it was all up for grabs.  My Mama didn't raise no fool.

One afternoon when I was looting the work shop for snowboard wax and a scraper I noticed a giant pile of mix CDs that had built up over the years.  The work benches were close to bare by that time, so I figured these had been left behind.  Knowing I was about to be unemployed, I thought it would be grand to go through them all and figure out what the songs and were and import them all into my Itunes with gusto and excitement.  The thrill of building my library!  Learning new music and having it change my unemployed life!  I was never gonna be bored!

That was two years ago and I only ever made it through a few of the disks.  A lot of them are burned or have wax on them and even more of the songs have no words in them so I can't use google to figure it out.  I have come to terms with the fact the all of the music here will remain a mystery.  Good bye Work Shop Soundtrack.  Most of you will live on forever in my subconscious, but not on my Ipod.

No comments:

Post a Comment