Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Marshfield High School Superbowl 1995

 Don't even try to tell me you can pick up a pompom without giving it a heart felt shake.

I have always enjoyed a sense of pride and ownership that comes with cheering for the home team, but it usually fades after the game ends.  I've never been crazy about following sports, but I have a razor sharp competitive edge that can be turned on at will.  I have been to way more football games than is probably expected, but the catch of course is the nine years of marching band I participated in.

This particular shaker, regardless of the fact that it is my high school colors and indeed spent some time waving its green and white for the Marshfield High School Rams, has proof stamped right on it that I was not even a Marshfield High School Ram at the time.
1995?! Seriously.  I was in Fifth grade.  Sarah graduated in 1994 (I think?) so that means Becky was a freshman in the Marshfield High School Rams Marching Band.

I'm sure I was at this football game because Becky was in the half time show.  I doubt I understood the rules to football yet, but I knew I wanted to be in the marching band for sure.  I think hanging on to my diploma is sufficient enough Marshfield High pride and this pompom can shake it's heart out as it gets melted down and recycled. 

No comments:

Post a Comment