Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Purging Your Stuff Is GRRRRReat!

You may not be able to tell by this still photo, but Tony The Tiger here is a bobble head.

My friend Brian gave me this Tony The Tiger bobble head for my high school graduation among a few other things, most of which were from Newbury Comics, a suction cup dart gun, a really pretty journal that I used in college, Tony, and I can't remember what else.  I have had Tony sitting on my desk amongst the clutter on every desk I've had since he gave it to me.  9 Years of him looking at me while I write and saying "Hey, Melissa!  That last sentence was Grrrrrrreat!

I share a desk now and there had to be some sacrifices made.  I had to get rid of all of my stuff (Yeah RIGHT.  It's packed for when Julie and I are financially well off enough to have an apartment in which I can have an office and have whatever the hell I want on my desk.  Read: Queen Amidala Barbie, my favorite rock, my mini pirate ship etc.)

Tony, however, holding only the value that someone I like gave it to me, didn't make the cut.  Brian, your gift was well loved beyond what you probably paid for him.  Tony can inspire someone on that big desk in the sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment