Monday, August 6, 2012

Anything But Clothes Costume

What is a State School Education without exhausting every theme party there is?  Sometimes "Friday" is not reason enough to drink the same beer with the same people so you have to jazz it up.  I attended many variations of the "Bross and Hos" theme ("Golf Pros and Tennis Hos", "CEOs and Corporate Hos", The very creative "Egyptian Hos and Pharohs" and the famous and to the point "Pimps and Hos".  I was a pimp at that one in a three piece red suit from the salvation army).  But I always liked the more creative themes.  Anything But Clothes is typically an excuse to wear something that falls off easily so you can catch the same nip slips from the same people while drinking the same beer, but I took it up a notch and was glad most of the other partygoers did too.

I slaved for hours on this dress made of duct tape.  I used a dress I already had as a pattern and worked all night.  I had to cut myself out of it and tape myself back in when I took it off, but it was totally worth it.  I was one of the only girls who could sit down, go to the bathroom, get my costume wet (it was raining, we all smoked then) and easily take it off and put it on.  I had to put on all of the girl's shoes because I was the only one who could bend down.  

Here is my dress in action.  It was January of 08.  That's a monopoly game on Elizabeth, cigarette and beer wrappers on EB and I don't really know what on Liana, it kind of looks, oddly enough, like clothes.  

It was fun and I have enough photos and blurry memories from the party as well as the know-how to make a new dress out of duct tape, so I think I can get rid of this one.  I suspect the occasion to wear it again will not arise.  If it does, I'm getting another color and making a pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment