Tuesday, August 7, 2012

How The Tiny Grinch Stole Christmas

I received a really awesome Grinch stuffed animal for Christmas once.  His heart lights up and grows three sizes.  My mom still brings him out at Christmas time and I think my niece and nephew like him now.  He was really soft and he was big.  There is little cooler than giant stuffed animals when you're a kid.  Maybe fireworks, ice cream cones, giant cardboard boxes and days off from school because of snow.  Big stuffed animals have got to be in the top five.

My Grinch plush pal came with a miniature version of his famed Dr. Seuss book.  I have the normal size of this classic, so I decided I didn't need the mini version anymore.  I see my Grinch stuffed friend every Christmas when I go home, and I always find myself absentmindedly holding him at some point. He is a very huggable shape.  Check it out, it really is the whole book.

Also, a note on stuffed animals, and to tie into my post about working at Target, I have an extremely soft and warm spot in my heart for stuffed animals.  I think they all have little stuffed animal souls and it makes me feel crushed when I see them mistreated.  When I zoned toys, I used to set them all up so they were facing out and no one was squashed or neglected.  I recall walking around Christmas time late at night through my Target with a stuffed German Shepherd under my arm.  Maybe that was why I couldn't toss this.

No comments:

Post a Comment