Thursday, April 19, 2012

Vanity Plates


Despite the fact that I am into cycling and I'm very tacky about it (my mountain bike has a custom eye-searing, hot pink paint job with a glitter top coat),  I thought I could let my novelty bicycle license plates see the recycling bucket.

Let's check these out.

I have never been to Nebraska, Missouri, Wyoming (I think the "Big Shot" is Wyoming, I already threw it out so I can't remember) or Arkansas.  I do not know where these came from, nor do I have any particular attachment to Nebraska, Missouri, Wyoming or Arkansas.  Also, I'm sorry for Arkansas that theirs is "Hog Wild".  That seems unfortunate somehow.

I set the California plate aside because it seemed festive, but I chucked the others.  Also, I have the firm memory and pride of being the D.A.R.E Essay contest winner for my class to keep forever so I don't need this license plate.  That's sarcasm in case any of you were thinking for a minute there that I was being honest.  I already showed you the clothespin.  I am beyond thinking I was cool.

Although I'm struggling with the Violence part of the D.A.R.E. plate.  I know it stands for Drug Abuse Resistance Education (hello, essay contest winner), but now it says violence too?  Shouldn't it be D.V.A.R.E.?  I guess that's not catchy enough.  I remember even at 12 I thought it was lame and something like an after school special.  It was even taught by Officer Quimby.  Whose last name is Quimby other than the guy from Inspector Gadget?  

No comments:

Post a Comment