Thursday, April 19, 2012

Jack And The Beanstalk!


I hope it is clear by these two photographs how clever this home made craft is.

This was not for school.  This was a for-fun art I made at home.  I would love to tell you to look at the fine detail and see that this must have taken hours on end, but there is no detail.  I clearly did it in pencil first and then added the Crayola Washable marker afterwards (wouldn't want to make a mistake) and I didn't even try that hard on the house.  No chimney or anything.  No other allusions to the story, now cow in the distance, no angry grandmother, was she the grandmother?

I never really cared about the Jack and the Beanstalk story.  I thought it was kind of lame.  That perplexes me as to why I would have been compelled to make this tricky surprise foldable art.  Frankly, I pretty much always thought of Mario and the beanstalks in that.  My sister and I did make a lot of Nintendo art.  Becky used to draw pictures of Rupees and I would be Link and fight my way around the downstairs looking for them.  Maybe I got bored of Mario Art and decided I would make another beanstalk art (I can't think of any other than the two?).

My motives aside, I also felt I should keep this whack craft mixed in with all my other sentimental items.  I will let Jack climb to the recycling plant at the top of the beanstalk today.

No comments:

Post a Comment