Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Primate Surprise

Someone in my family is just as weird as I am (could be any of them). 

My father is on a kick about cleaning out the attic.  We have tons of books that I didn't want to get lost to Good Will because I would like to have my own library of books that I loved growing up.  It's important to me.  Not important in the way that a Ginger Spice Lollipop wrapper is important, important in the real way.

So one of the books mixed in with all of our Baby-Sitters Club and Sweet Valley High and classics like Huckleberry Finn and Great Expectations was Planet of the Apes.  I'd never read Planet of the Apes, and it looked nice and short, so I stuck it in my "To Be Read" pile next to the other short and skinny books like Animal Farm and The Communist Manifesto (I'm on that train where I'm reading all the stuff I said I read in high school, but really just read enough about on the internet to get a B-).  Much to my delight, when I opened up Planet of the Apes, this was the bookmark left behind by the last person who read it.  I love that this happened, but I don't think I need to keep it.  Also, those are not monkey stickers.  They are heavy and kind of cardboard and have evidence of being glued to that piece of card stock.  This wreaks of Becky, but she would have been too old to make that if she was reading that book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment