Thursday, April 19, 2012

Trendy Bitch

Around the time I was a senior in high school, I started to shed some of my anti-cool cool ways.  I let some of my more mainstream friends highlight my hair for me instead of letting the summer sun do it naturally.  I started buying jeans and khakis at the gap rather than wool old man pants from Goodwill.  I would wear a collared shirt under a sweater instead of a long sleeved shirt under a t-shirt with a local ska-punk band screen-printed on it.  I put on the occasional mascara and socks that matched and didn't have weird stuff all over them.  I liked pop and rap music. I enjoyed social outings that involved beer or driving around aimlessly with groups of people I only kind of knew but liked well enough. 

 I received this hand crafted jewelry message from a friend who wasn't quite there yet.  I think it was supposed to be funny, but looking back on it, maybe she was just jealous I wanted to go out and do stuff instead of do stuff on the internet.  Wait...  Crap!  The circle of life!

No comments:

Post a Comment